Saturday, June 12, 2010

Waka Waka: World Cup!


It's been four years since the last world cup( time flies) i remember it like it was yesterday, I had tons of fun watching and cheering my favorite teams on.
This time the thrills and exciting moments will all be happening in Africa! Wow!

The FIFA concert was the bomb! I had goosebumps the whole time( welllll not really, you can take out the part where some performers almost bored me to death with their performances) Black eyed peas rocked the stage and Alicia Keyes performance of 'Empire state of mind' was simply moving. The concert reached fever pitch with K'naan's performance of 'Waving flag,' but what shook the entire place up was Shakira and Freshly ground's Waka Waka! Men! that was something! It was a colorful scene to see Africans and the world at large having fun with one common goal: WORLD CUP!

The only thing that cut my joy short was the news of death of the great grand-daughter of the Legend and icon Nelson Mandela. Really sad! My heart goes out to him and hope he finds comfort in knowing that our prayers are with him. I was kind of hoping the 'Bafana Bafana' would win their first match for him, but i guess a draw is all good, maybe they have better things in store for later.

I have a lot of love for Africa, the display of culture at the opening ceremony is exactly what makes Africa, Africa! It was BEAUTIFUL! God is an African!

No comments:

Post a Comment